89th Rallye Monte-Carlo
18 - 24 January 2021
Automobile Club of Monaco’s sustainable Policy
“…. Whatever our size, whatever our geographical situation, whatever our economic situation, we are all united by the same destiny the moment we broach the subject of the situation of our shared Planet. As inhabitants of a single global ecosystem, we are all subject to the same risks. And we all face the same demands, the same responsibilities, the same duties: to do everything possible that is in our power to stop our world being plunged into a disaster whose consequences we struggle to measure, but which we know will be dramatic, and even fatal.”…
H.S.H Prince Albert II of Monaco – TERI Conference – New Delhi – 4 February 2019
The Automobile Club of Monaco is a long-time actor in H.S.H Prince Albert II supervised Environmental Policy. The A.C.M is aware of climate change and of the necessity to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. In our daily tasks we consider our environmental impacts and we give thorough attention to the environmental impact of our everyday tasks, and encourage our employees and key stakeholders to adopt an eco-responsible attitude in order to reduce the overall carbon footprint of the society.
In 1995, the A.C.M first organized the 1stElectric Monte-Carlo Rally and in May 2015 Monaco is one of the eleven countries welcoming the first Formula-E FIA Championship.
Monte-Carlo Rally, created in 1911, is one of the most famous ones in the world. Our organisation is committed to the FIA Sustainability Programme, a programme destined to motor sport stakeholders in order to improve their environmental performance.
Thriving for Excellence, we act every day with our “Environmental Committee” in charge of our “Sustainability Management System”, by:
- Using our resources efficiently,
- Subscribing the EGEO Program for green electricity,
- Communicating with our stakeholders (competitors, volunteers, medias, stopping towns and all our external providers) and encouraging them to take personal commitment towards that issue,
- Reducing all the consumptions such as gasoline, fuel, water, electricity, paper, and all consumable goods,
- Minimizing waste generation, promoting reuse and recycling through our partnership with SMA (Société Monégasque d’Assainissement),
- In partnership with the association Alpes Rallye Clean, many actions have been carried out on the Rallye Monte-Carlo in order to educate our public to respect and protect environnement throughout the sites crossed by the event,
- Choosing the lowest environmental impact solutions whenever possible,
- Adopting solutions to reduce environmental impact in case of emergency,
- Being aware of the applicable environmental legislation and working with departmental official organisations (Natura 2000),
- Doing carbon compensation through a “trees plantation” program.
Aiming to promote a continual improvement of our performance and ambitious objectives we regularly review these key impacts.
Download the FIA Accreditation Certificate
WRC MonteCarlo-FIA_Sustainability_Accreditation_Certificate_3Star_18 03 2020